Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Old and Crabby or Wiser With Age?

I just got done doing the dishes.  I HATE doing the dishes.  I have dishpan hands and a backache!

The ground is still covered with snow and it is still below freezing outside.  I HATE cold, ice, snow, etc.!

So, the question is: Am I getting old and cranky or wiser with age?

We've lived in the same house for about 14 years - in all that time we've never had a dishwashing machine.  So why does washing the dishes seem so much more horrible now than it did 12, 13 or 14 years ago?

Each winter I seem to become less and less tolerant of the wintery conditions.  I've lived in Minnesota for the majority of my life.  Why do the winters make me so unhappy these days?  It has gotten so bad that I don't even want to leave the house on the weekends - don't want to go out into the cold.  I've got friends and relatives saying, "oh, it is so nice outside today." and all I want to do is smack them upside the head and remind them that 33 degrees is colder than the inside of their refrigerator - you don't see me smiling and sitting in there do you?!?

Grrrrrr.  When it gets above 6o I'll start agreeing that it is a "nice" day.  Until then....Grrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a thermal wimp now. Anything below 85 degrees is cold to me. Move to AZ and enjoy the heat!

    ReplyDelete