Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Childhood games


Thinking back to what TV show I watched as a kid got me thinking about the games I used to play with.  Battling Tops was a favorite.  I loved the sound they made when they first started - that high pitched whizzing/whining sound, but then I would usually jump when they first made contact with the other "enemy" top.


Dizzy Dan and Hurricane Hank were my favorites.


Who remembers this game?  I remember getting this game when I was quite young (5 or 6) and it made me so nervous to play it that it haunts me to this day.  The jist of the game was that you had this spring loaded mule and all sorts of "pack" items.  One by one you would take turns "loading" the mule.  Put on the shovel....frying pan.....canteen....pick axe....etc.  then all of a sudden when it was one item too many BLAMMOWHAMMOSPROING!!!!!!  It would buck and send everything flying.  Freaked me out man.


This was my Nintendo/XBox/Playstation.  I believe this might have been the ping pong mode.  For Tennis or hockey the paddles would change size slightly and the scoring would adjust, but other than that it was basically the same.  But this was AMAZING when it first came out.


Now this was exciting game action.  Line your guys up to "run a play", click on the power and.....watch them all vibrate until one of the oposing players "tackles" your guy with the ball.  This was high tech stuff man.

How many of you remember these games?  What games did you play as a kid?


No comments:

Post a Comment