Monday, February 8, 2010

Movie Quotes

I played the movie Secondhand Lions for the guys at work on Friday and it was very well received.  Today in group we even discussed Hub McCann's speech about being a man.  I thought it was a very useful tool and decided to post it here along with some other movie quotes that I like.  I hope you enjoy them.

“Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honor, courage and virtue mean everything; that power and money ... money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. And I want you to remember this.... that love....true love never dies! Remember that boy ... remember that. Doesn't matter if it is true or not, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in......got that? " - Hub McCann (Secondhand Lions).

"The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun." - General Kimsey (Armageddon)  (editorial comment, this could apply to most of our elected officials today).

We are now the Knights who say... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"  - Knight who formerly said NI (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

I'm your density. I mean... your destiny. - George McFly (Back to the Future)

You're gonna need a bigger boat. - Brody (Jaws)

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!.......You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less famous is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line!". Hahahahahah! [falls over dead] - Vizzini (The Princess Bride)

I'm at home with the me, I am rooted in the me who is on this adventure. This is me breathing. - Martin Blank (Grosse Point Blank)

Ring Ring! Who's there? Destiny? I've been expecting your call. - Rhino (Bolt)

That's a strange place to put a piano. - Bolt (Bolt)

Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking. - Scarecrow (Wizard of Oz)

What are some of your favorite movie quotes?

7 comments:

  1. "I'll think about it tomorrow."
    (Scarlet, in Gone with the Wind) JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't want you to die, I want you to live, I want you to live to be an old man, with sons, and then I want someone to kill one of those sons, and I want you to know how I feel." .......James Stewart in Shenandoah

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around." - Hugh Grant in Love Actually

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's a good day to die" - Rhino (Bolt) - I think I got it right, Terry can correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Go ahead, make my day." - Clint Eastwood in Sudden Impact

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Bring out your dead." They bring an old man out and toss him in the wooden cart. "But I'm not dead yet."

    Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Italy? What's my wife doing in Italy? She's only been gone 24 hours." - Fisher Stevens in Only You.

    ReplyDelete