Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pizza


Mmmmmm.....Godfather's Pizza is my favorite.  Sharon was in St. Cloud and we met at Godfather's Pizza for supper.  It was delicious!!  I miss having a Godfather's Pizza in Little Falls.

I consider myself a pizza connoissuer.  I like all kinds of pizza. 

For crusts I enjoy thin crust, original hand tossed, deep dish, cheese stuffed crust, herb butter parmesean sprinkled....you get the idea....any.  However, I must confess I don't care for the super thin super crispy, nor to I like the super thick and bready crusts.  I most enjoy the chewy medium thickness crusts from Godfathers, Dominos hand tossed or Hotstuff.  Not a big fan of Pizza Hut (too bread like and greasy). 

For toppings I'm a anything goes kind of guy.  I really haven't had anything that I've really hated on a pizza, but will admit some of the gourmet cheeses can be a little strong. 

One of the best pizzas I've ever had was a Chicago style deep dish.  Messy but scrumptious.

I LOVE COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST!!

As far as frozen pizza I can tolerate Red Baron, Tomstone, Fraschetta and a few others.  Tony's, Tino's, Jack's, Food Club....sorry, I'll eat it if there is nothing else, but won't spend money on them.

Growing up we used to stop at Happy Joe's in Fargo.  I remember it being very good pizza.  They made a pizza with saurkraut and Canadian Bacon that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

What are your thoughts about pizza.  I'll put up a few polls so you can vote, but let me know your favorite pizza place, frozen pizza, and most unusual topping you've had.

4 comments:

  1. Tower Pizza is still my favorite! Thick crust! and as for unusual toppings - I don't think there is any such thing as an unusual topping. Anything goes!! The more the better. Hmmm, now I'm hungry for pizza. (Cold for breakfast is super!) JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tower Pizza all the way. Although I make a killer chicken fajita pizza :) ~Kate the Great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep dish Chicago Style is good. Fratelli's is a local chain here that makes scrumptious pizza. The BBQ chicken pizza is good and pizza with an alfredo-type white sauce is surprisingly good too. As far as crust, not too thin and not too thick and definitely NOT greasy.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kate-Tower Pizza-though it's not as good as it used to be. Godfathers is my favorite chain--and frozen pizza--hmmm-not so much. I'm with ya all the way with cold pizza for breakfast--love those cold green peppers and onions, Italian sausage too. My stomach is starting to rumble--better stop now.
    Your favorite aunt

    ReplyDelete