Monday, February 1, 2010

How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

Great question - but a tough one.

How do I want to be remembered after I'm gone.  Well, it certainly won't be for my wealth or the amount of "toys" that I have....and I am honestly very content with that.  Material things have never been a priority for me (Sharon probably wishes I had a little more drive in that area).  Money has very little appeal to me.  I want enough to provide for my family, but after that....eh....I'd just get myself into trouble if I had lots of money.

I do hope that I'm remembered for being nice to people.  There are probably a few people out there that I need to ask forgiveness from, but on the whole, I think I've always treated people well - at least I hope so. 

I want to be remembered as a good husband and father.  There were several years that I did exactly the opposite of that - I'm very thankful that Sharon and the boys are still with me to give me a chance to make up for those years. 

I want to be remembered for my sense of humor - strange and quirky as it is.  I enjoy making people smile and laugh.....even if it is at my expense.

I want people to remember that I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and that I did nothing to deserve it or earn it - only through God's grace did I receive salvation.  I hope that the rest of my life I can show people just a glimpse of that grace through how I live my life and that by doing so it may change their lives as well.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're pretty much a shoe in for all of those things - that's how I'd remember you. As for how I'd like people to remember me, I'll need to contemplate that a bit, but some of your ideas might fit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to really think about this one. I guess some of the things i want to be remembered for is that I loved my family and tried to never hurt anyone. I try to live a life that can make a difference. And admit that i don't feel very successful a lot of the time! And I will have to think further on this one. JF

    ReplyDelete
  3. great last paragraph!
    I would like to be remembered as someone who lived life to the fullest. As Swindoll said "give it the "kootash". whatever you do don't do it halfway.... DO it all the way. YOU are responsible. YOU decide each a.m. if the glass is 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.
    Most of all I would hope people would have seen in me the love, mercy & grace of Jesus Christ. I have it, I just hope it is visable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've been trying to find the reference for swindoll's story about "giving it the kootash"....do you know it? thanks, dave lee

      Delete
  4. I would like to be remembered as a Godly woman--that being a true Christian was visible. A good wife and mother, and an awesome grandmother of course. A trustworthy friend. Sense of humor is good too. I like to make people laugh.

    ReplyDelete