Sunday, February 21, 2010

More childhood toy memories


I used to play with this quite often.  Then later, as the troops and indians disappeared, I would use army soldiers.  I would set the figures up all over the place and "pick 'em off" with rubber bands.  Sometimes we used marbles, but shooting rubber bands was my first choice (until my thumb got sore due to my flawed shooting technique).


I remember playing with the Lite-Brite frequently.  I wonder if you could pay a kid to play with this today?  OOOOOoooh the excitement of picking up a peg and pushing it through the paper.....AMAZING it lights up!!  I will confess - it was enjoyable.  Does that mean I'm easily entertained or my life was really really dull?

Lawn Jarts were the best!!  I HATE the fact that STUPID PEOPLE and the idiot lawyers and government took this away from us!  Anyone who can't safely play with lawn jarts need to be isolated on a island, away from normal society...with the people who need a lable on their coffee cups that warn them that the coffee is HOT.
Slime was alot of fun!  It was oozy and squishy and just plain awesome for a 12-13 year old boy.  Lots of gross fun.  Yes, it was probably toxic, which could explain a few things about me today, but it was fun.

The toy Luger capgun.   Oh did I play with this!  The picture brings back that distinct gunpowder capgun smell.....mmmmmmmm.  Great fun!

And who didn't have a model airplane, tank or battle scene?  It was both joyous (smelling the glue) and aggrevating (as glue seeped everywhere and everything began to stick to everything it wasn't supposed to). 

Great memories.  Anyone else being transported back in time by looking at these pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment