Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not much better

I'm still battling a nasty cold.  I've tried Alka Seltzer cold tablets (night and day varieties), Generic sinus/cold tablets, tea with honey, cough syrup....etc.  I don't feel like I'm gaining much ground, in fact at times I feel worse. 

Some have suggested rubbing Vicks vapor rub on the bottoms of my feet....sorry, anyone who knows me well knows that I'll never do that - there are many other torturous things that I'd do long before that.

Other suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

  1. vicks all over your chest and neck & under your nose!!!!! repeat many times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't take Nyquil to many nights in a row. It can have some weird side affects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should take echinacea in any form. We like Gypsy Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals. You should pound orange juice. Sleep a lot. Pour some lavender buds in a big bowl and fill with boiling water. Put your face over it and cover your whole head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Breathe that deeply for 10 minutes or so. (lavender has antibiotic properites) You can buy this stuff at a health food store. One full day of that sort of thing combined with a ton of sleep will have you feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete