Tuesday, January 12, 2010

tough some days


Wow, this blogging everyday can get difficult.  It is time for bed and I just got home not long ago.  With that in mind, I'll keep the streak alive, but not by much.

I'll pose a question.  Who was your favorite Minnesota Vikings player and why?



When I was young and impressionable I remember a game against San Francisco that Tommy Kramer replaced the starting quarterback (might have been Bob Lee, don't remember that) in the fourth quarter and we were down by 24.  If my memory serves me correctly Touchdown Tommy threw four touchdown passes and we won.  Yes, Tommy has some issues later in life, but he will always be one of my favorite Vikings.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry Terry, can't help you out here. Although I'd like to support my state, I'm not much of a Football fan, let alone watch T.V., so don't keep up on it. Too much everyday living the real world for me. Now, my favorite food, animal, or high school moment, I might be able to relate to.

    KimmersMN

    ReplyDelete
  2. my meomory says the 24 point comeback was against the Eagles with most(if not all) coming in the fourth quarter.
    Fran Tarkington has to be my all time favorite.
    Chris Carter is right up there too. Millard had a short career but was fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Bud Grant count? I know he was the coach and not a player, but seemed a genuinely nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did some checking. It was the San Francisco game I was thinking of, but he only threw 3 touchdowns in the comeback win.

    Regular Season 1977
    1977-12-04 MIN at SFO W 28-27 completions 9 attempts 13 yards 188 touchdowns 3 interceptions 0 rating 151.4

    ReplyDelete