Sunday, January 24, 2010

One hit wonders

I have my share of albums, cassettes and CD's that are from "one hit wonder" bands/artists.  Just off the top of my head I can list the following:

World Party - Ship of Fools
Saga - Worlds Apart
Martin Briley - Salt in My Tears
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
GTR - When the Heart Rules the Mind
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (that was tough to admit to)
Big Country - In a Big Country
Devo - Whip It
Lipps Inc. - Funky Town
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Nena - 99 Luftballoons
Triumph - Never Surrender
Sheriff - When I'm With You (this was "our song" when Sharon and I were dating)

I could go on and on.

Dig through your old LP, cassette, CD collection and share with me (and others) some of the one hit wonders you hold near and dear to your heart....or at least bought on a crazy - why the heck did I do that - impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment