Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Watched Bolt....again

I watched the movie Bolt again today. 


Have I mentioned that it is one of my all-time favorite movies.  It makes me chuckle, giggle and down right laugh out loud.  I've got so many favorite parts I don't know where to begin...when he is out on his own and thinks he sees the green eyed man on a bench and tries to karate chop him, but nothing happens....when he gets his head stuck and meets the redonculous phesants, er, pigeons....when Mittens gets knocked out by the mailbox....when Bolt asks, "What is this red liquid coming out of my paw?"...."Do I need it?"......When Mittens is threatening Bolt with the styrofoam and Bolt says, "That's a weird place to put a piano.".....when Mittens tells Bolt to trust him and he responds, "Not likely, you're a degenerative creature of darkness.".....when he learns the "dog face."....when Mittens tries to beg......Rhino (enough said).....I could go on and on and on and on, but you get the idea, right?

The beautiful thing about watching the movie today is that I used it for my work!  Yes, for my WORK!!  I'm brilliant if I do say so myself.  Actually, as a chemical dependency counselor I think the movie Bolt has a terrific theme for addiction recovery.  For years Bolt has been living a "lie", he must accept his situation and learn a whole new way of life.  Along the way, the cat he thinks is his enemy is actually someone who is vital in helping him, he has a central focus/goal and at a critical time, when he is feeling his lowest, a friend encourages him and keeps him going.  Very treatment oriented if you ask me, not only that, but now I'll have an excuse to watch it every month or so!



Is there a movie that you love to watch over and over and over?

3 comments:

  1. One finds in life (and in this case, Bolt) what one is looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Underdog, and the ol' 101 Dalmatians from the 60's. Regardless, I like happy endings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Forgot to sign again. Jan. 6th, 1:49p.m

    KimmersMN

    ReplyDelete